Monday, August 9, 2010

Beautiful

Why are you so beautiful to me?
How can I see your glow?
It's not a vision meant for me
It's not something I should know

But when the sunlight hits your face,
And my heart picks up its tempo
How can I deny that you are special
Worth more than just a memento?

There's power in your smile
And kindness in your heart
But there's a toughness deep inside
And still, that's only part

I don't know all of you
I suppose I never will
My time may be limited
But I'm taking all that I can steal

If I get my way, you'll never know of this
For I only want your happiness and a life of eternal bliss
And all of that is not with me, that's something I surely know
But you reach out to me and all I can do is let you go



For my friend
8/9/10 ~ NM

No comments:

Post a Comment