Monday, January 15, 2018

Gratitude

If I speak of the things I'm grateful for, maybe it will cast out my doubts. If I concentrate on love, it will overshadow the pain. Depression is trying to creep in but I'm fighting hard not to let it. So many worries, so many lies.

But I'm grateful for the people in my life who have stood by me in the toughest times. Those who support and encourage and compliment me. Those who have told me that I made an impact on their lives. That I've inspired them and helped them learn something new because of my insights. Those who value me and appreciate me and acknowledge me. Those who check up on me and keep me centered. Those who relate to my posts, and I to theirs, so that I know I'm not alone. That I'm not the only one who feels these things and thinks this way. It helps. It matters. It all matters.

I don't ask for much, but I need a lot more than I appear to. I'm independent but needy. I need my personal space, but I also need quality time with people who make me laugh and enjoy life.

I'm grateful for my friendships. For family and pets and music and movies and books. All of the little things and all of the big things. I'm grateful for being taken care of and helped. I'm grateful for everyone I've helped along the way. I'm grateful for You allowing me to become a better person. For seeing You.

I'm grateful for a place to sleep, a house to live in. It may not be ideal or my own, but it's safe and warm. I'm grateful for the kids in my life. I'm grateful for all that You brought me. I'm grateful for my strength and courage to overcome my fears and keep living, keep improving. I'm grateful for You pulling me out of bad relationships when you did. I'm grateful for the lessons I've learned and the strength I've gained because of these incidents. I'm grateful for the love I shared with others and the memories made, even if they were temporary.

I'm grateful for the people who haven't given up on me. Who can handle me. Who understand, or try to.

I'm grateful for the love I receive. And the love I give.

No comments:

Post a Comment